Deadline date: 18.06.14 17:00:00
Advertised date: 18.06.04
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST. Mongolia has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for an Export Development Project (EDP). The project will provide a range of support services to the Mongolian SMEs in the non-mining sectors that are already exporting or are planning export activities.
Such support services include (i) basic training on foreign trade, and customized training on exporting specific type of goods, or exporting to specific markets; (ii) matching grants to cover part of the SMEs expenses towards raising their international competiveness; and (iii) access to export credit insurance products that to be provided by the Export Insurance Subsidiary (EIS) of the AgRe.
The sub-component#2.1 of the EDP provides export-related training program to Mongolian SMEs interested in starting or increasing exports, covering all sectors of Mongolian economy. It will systematize such training, expand its modules, sectoral depth, geographical coverage, virtual outreach, and will train individual exporters, potential exporters, trainers, and Mongolian diplomatic corps responsible for the economic representation of Mongolia abroad.
The main beneficiaries of the program are the Mongolian SMEs that are already exporting or have the potential and interest to export. The training component does not intend to restrict the beneficiaries to the non-mining sector SMEs as the training materials will be made available to all companies through the Project website. The customized training will be provided to the SMEs in the non-mining sectors (cashmere, meat, leather, etc.) only and they will benefit the most from this Project.
Main outputs from the sub-component are include various training programs with generic and specialized content; e-learning website on foreign trade; and customized training sessions, seminars, workshops held, with their proceedings recorded and made publicly available.
Therefore, the Ministry of Finance (MOF) is seeking to hire long-term National Consultant (Consultant) to assist the training coordination and logistics under the sub-component#2.1 of the EDP.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The key objective of the assignment is to assist the project in organizing training activities in a timely and efficient manner, and to manage relevant logistics, prepare required plans and reports to the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
The Consultant is responsible the following activities for assisting administrative duties related to the delivery of training and workshop of the project, but not limited:
• To prepare a required information for the training needs assessment that to be used in developing training program to the participants;
• To prepare detailed training plan and reports;
• To schedule training events, coordinate with instructors, obtain and distribute required instructional materials, and communicate with participants;
• To gather a necessary information outsourcing training providers;
• To develop Terms of reference on specific markets and industry study;
• To follow-up the progress of contractors assignment;
• To gather feedback from trainers and trainees after training session;
• To maintain training related database and training records;
• To enter data into PIMIS and prepare training statistics, assessments and information;
• To provide all logistics related training services including technical equipments and refreshments;
• To ensure close cooperation with all training service providers and consultants, and
• To undertake any other tasks as may be reasonably requested and or assigned by the Project Coordinator of the PIU.
SHORTLISTING CRITERIA/CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATIONS:
• Education: A suitable candidate should have a Bachelor degree in relevant field: Finance, Economics, International Trade & Relations or any other relevant fields;
• Experience: Incumbent should have at least 3-5 years’ of working experience. Organizing training events and promotion activities is plus;
• Language skills: Fluent in written and spoken English and Mongolian language skills; IELTS, IBT, TOFEL scores are plus;
• Computer literacy: MS Office proficiency such as Word, Excel, Power point, and have excellent web research and navigation skills;
• The candidate should have a high professional and personal integrity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with the relevant stakeholders and implementing agencies;
• Ability to function independently and collaboratively in a team environment;
• Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle and manage multiple assignments.
The consultant work is expected to commence in June, 2018. The duration of the assignment is for 12 months with probationary period of 6 months. The contract is renewable subject to satisfactory performance of the consultant. The consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines on Selection and Employment of Consultants, January 2011 (revised in July 1, 2014). The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 and 1.11 of the “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit following documents in person:
The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Please be noted that incomplete applications would not be considered for evaluation. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates can be interviewed.
Detailed terms of reference can be requested from email@example.com
Contact address: Attn: Ms.Khaliun, Procurement Specialist, Export Development Project
Room #205, Negdsen undestnii 8/2, 4th khoroo, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
"INVITATION TO TRAINING ON ““HOW TO PREPARE EXPORT DEVELOPMENT PLAN - 18"
Training on how to prepare export development plan will be conducted on 09 Jan, 2019, between 10.00am-12.00pm at the office of PIU. Non-mining entities, exporters and future exporters are welcome to the training.
"INVITATION TO TRAINING ON ““HOW TO PREPARE EXPORT DEVELOPMENT PLAN - 17"
Training on how to prepare export development plan will be conducted on 21 Dec, 2018, between 10.00am-12.00pm at the office of PIU. Non-mining entities, exporters and future exporters are welcome to the training.
INVITATION TO TRAINING ON ““HOW TO PREPARE EXPORT DEVELOPMENT PLAN - 16”
Training on how to prepare export development plan will be conducted on 20 Nov, 2018, between 10.00am-12.00pm at the office of PIU. Non-mining entities, exporters and future exporters are welcome to the training.
EDP/3/CS/012 Procurement Specialist Assistant
REQUEST OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST