Deadline date: 18.11.07 17:00:00
Advertised date: 18.10.24
REQUEST OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Mongolia has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for an Export Development Project (EDP). The Project will provide a range of support services to the Mongolian SMEs in the non-mining sectors that are already exporting or are planning export activities.
services include: (i) basic training on foreign trade, and customized
training on exporting specific type of goods, or exporting to specific
markets; (ii) matching grants to cover part of the SME’s expenses
towards raising their international competitiveness; and (ii) access to
export credit insurance products, to be provided by the Export Insurance
Subsidiary (EIS) of the AgRe (for more details on the EDP, please refer
to the Project Appraisal Document Report No. 106335).
The main objective of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) is to provide timely and effective support to all three components of the Project. The PIU will be responsible for: (a) project management and coordination, procurement, including all contracting for purchases and the hiring consultants; (b) project monitoring, reporting, and evaluation; (c) the contractual relationship with the IDA; (d) financial management including record keeping, financial management reports, the Designated Accounts, and disbursements.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Procurement Specialist Assistant will help to ensure all procurement activities and documents in line with the World Bank procurement policies and procedures. He/she will be responsible for preparing all procurement bid documents, evaluating, awarding contracts and supervising the implementation.
SCOPE OF WORK
Key responsibilities of the procurement specialist assistant will include supporting the following, but not limited to:
· Prepare, monitor and update regularly the overall and specific Project Procurement Plans of EDP;
· Prepare bid documents for EDP on the basis of the World Bank’s sample documents;
· Ensure that all procurement activities are carried out in accordance with the respective provisions in the Development Credit Agreement of EDP and the World Bank’s procurement guidelines;
· Prepare, monitor and update regularly procurement management reports for EDP;
· Provide procurement training to staff of the MoF and other implementing agencies;
· Assist with interpretation, translation of the related documents and disseminate information;
· Maintain project files, and record incoming and outgoing documents; and
· According to the formats provided by the MOF,
· Prepare and submit Procurement Plan for the Project to STEP system; (https://step.worldbank.org/)
· According to the Public Transparency Law, insert all the required monthly, quarterly and annually Procurement Management Report and Procurement Plan and other information to the Transparency information system in a timely manner (http://shilendans.gov.mn/);
· Properly filing and maintaining all contracts and supporting documents; and
· Such other tasks as may be assigned and/or delegated by the Project Coordinator.
CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATIONS/SELECTION CRITERIA
· Education: A suitable candidate should have a Master’s degree in relevant field: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other relevant fields;
· Experience: Incumbent should have at least 5 years’ relevant professional experience;
· Language skills: Candidate should be fluent in Mongolian and English and have strong writing and speaking skills in both languages;
· Computer literacy: MS Office proficiency such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and have excellent web research and navigation skills;
· Other: The candidate shall have high professional and personal integrity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with the relevant stakeholders and implementing agencies. Ability to function independently and collaboratively in a team environment.Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments and able to work overtime.
The assignment for above position is expected to commence in November 2018.The duration of the assignment is for 12 months. The selection will be conducted in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines on Selection and Employment of Consultants, January 2011 (revised in July 1, 2014).
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit following documents:
The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Please note that incomplete applications would not be considered for evaluation. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Candidates can be interviewed. Detailed terms of reference can be requested from email@example.com.
Contact address: Attn: Ms. L.Bayarmaa, Procurement Specialist, Export Development Project
Room #204, Negdsen undestnii 8/2, 4th khoroo, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia; Tel: 70120582
"INVITATION TO TRAINING ON ““HOW TO PREPARE EXPORT DEVELOPMENT PLAN - 18"
Training on how to prepare export development plan will be conducted on 09 Jan, 2019, between 10.00am-12.00pm at the office of PIU. Non-mining entities, exporters and future exporters are welcome to the training.
"INVITATION TO TRAINING ON ““HOW TO PREPARE EXPORT DEVELOPMENT PLAN - 17"
Training on how to prepare export development plan will be conducted on 21 Dec, 2018, between 10.00am-12.00pm at the office of PIU. Non-mining entities, exporters and future exporters are welcome to the training.
INVITATION TO TRAINING ON ““HOW TO PREPARE EXPORT DEVELOPMENT PLAN - 16”
Training on how to prepare export development plan will be conducted on 20 Nov, 2018, between 10.00am-12.00pm at the office of PIU. Non-mining entities, exporters and future exporters are welcome to the training.
EDP/3/CS/012 Procurement Specialist Assistant
REQUEST OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST